Author Topic: OuchToo returns?  (Read 633 times)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
OuchToo returns?
« on: 11 Nov 2020 05:17PM »
Testing...yes, looks like I can post...

Admin

• Administrator
  • Silver Member
Re: OuchToo returns?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2020 07:37PM »
> grins < YES the database is here on www.ouchtoo.co.uk which is the main thing. There a still things to fix eg smiles but we are getting there.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2020 11:45AM »
I tried to fix the triddling bits but so far still no smilies so we have to go old school with (((hugs))) ~winks~ and :-)

I thought the important thing was to let people know we are here again so I emailed those who probably have not seen the announcement on the old location : J|LR, Monic, Fiz, Huhn and Sunny Clouds. Just getting started and looking to see what happens next.

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: 17 Nov 2020 05:14PM »
I'm back.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2020 11:06AM »
~waves~

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 18 Nov 2020 09:20PM »
..still no smilies so we have to go old school with (((hugs))) ~winks~ and :-)

The BBC Archers board managed for years with no smileys whatsoever, so I guess we can do just as well :-)

Lankou, haven't we lost you yet? :-D

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: 19 Nov 2020 08:18AM »
..still no smilies so we have to go old school with (((hugs))) ~winks~ and :-)

The BBC Archers board managed for years with no smileys whatsoever, so I guess we can do just as well :-)

Lankou, haven't we lost you yet? :-D

Judging by other forums I use a lot of people would like me to get lost.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: 19 Nov 2020 11:21AM »
Kizzy,

Thank you, and you just added fuel to the idea of having a new forum that is old style a place for people to be that does not encourage addiction through likes and notifications. The phrase long form comes to mind, chatting about our days, things we like to do and notice about the world. No longer having the focus on disability and welfare rights. I should probably start a new thread.

Lankou,

To be fair I think we need a grumpy old man that can cheer us up the way you do ~smiles~

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: 19 Nov 2020 11:59AM »

Lankou,

To be fair I think we need a grumpy old man that can cheer us up the way you do ~smiles~

I think Victor Meldrew and Uncle Mort were far too cheerful.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 20 Nov 2020 09:23PM »
hehe :-P

JLR2

« Reply #10 on: 21 Nov 2020 06:39PM »
Good evening all :o)    I've managed to work things out, a bit of trial and error. In the end it was my old user name and password.

Sunshine, things worked out OK down at Raigmore, though I was not kept in over night I was quite tired by the time I returned home. I've been given some new dressings for the new problem on the right of the ankle but told there is no deep infection and advised to wear some form of padding when wearing the high topped boots I wear for supporting the ankle, something to do with the veins being constricted too much around the ankle seems to have led to my problem. Other than that I was told my blood is fine and there is no serious change in the fusing in the ankle bones (result of the bone graph from my hip)  the woman at x-ray gave me a bit of a fright when she reacted to the mess she could see in my x-ray.

Today I've been busy making various attaching points for a flag pole I've attached to the gazebo I have had built in the back garden. Though I have a flag flying from it tonight I'll be removing it tomorrow as the weather up here is somewhat breezy for it to stay up, I've the feeling the flag is too thin material wise to last long.

I'm also, as you might imagine, keen to see the Covid19 vaccine rolled out and some chance of flying to Berlin becoming a reality, mind you the weather isn't going to be brilliant this time of the year anyway. I've been passing a lot of my time recently looking for whatever wee jobs I can do about the house, moving shelves in the kitchen, home made using scraps of timber and the like. My small B&D mouse sander gave up the ghost so I set about taking it apart and have reattached the base of it to some wood with a small handle and will be able by doing this to make use of the numerous sheets of sanding paper I still have for it, I wish I had thought of doing this with the last one I had.

Time, methinks, for another coffee refill.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: 22 Nov 2020 03:47PM »
JLR,

I am relieved you are okay I was worry that you had been kept in hospital and it had turned into something that would take a lot of recovery.

~hugs~

I am glad you made it over here too.

It has been very windy in the Midlands and the willow tree has taken a battering. I hope you are able to get a flag that can keep flying in honour and not get tatty.

We have been trying to get different bits and pieces down around the house, unfortunately my knees and balance have been severely limiting my can do time and there is way too much sitting watching tv.

What brand of coffee are you drinking?

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: 26 Nov 2020 01:52PM »
I've just found my way back here too. Nice to see some familiar names.

I'm a member of the dodgy knee club as well. A bit iffy today, but I'll survive.

Can't be bothered with fancy coffee so currently supping Kenco Alta Rica instant.  Fully caffeinated, there isn't any point to coffee without.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: 26 Nov 2020 03:08PM »
Good to see you here :-)

When I was young I was advised to look after my knees and did try to be good but there was just so much gardening and moving around for me to do.

Kenco Alta Rica is a good coffee, my favourite is Americano which I ration because it is at it's best with two sugars rather than one. Milk or no Milk? I drink coffee black, it goes back to a time in my 20s when I lived on my own and couldn't get out and about for milk.

Yes fully caffeinated is definitely the way to go.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: 26 Nov 2020 09:36PM »
Hi to OldTone, and JLR - who always seems to be at the coffeepot :-D   Not that I can talk, my kettle rarely goes cold!

Kizzy,

Thank you, and you just added fuel to the idea of having a new forum that is old style a place for people to be that does not encourage addiction through likes and notifications. The phrase long form comes to mind, chatting about our days, things we like to do and notice about the world. >snip<

On the temporary Ouch Too, there was a General Discussion thread - I liked that very much and thought it might be good to have one here to cover the above topics?